Among ’70s fusion guitar heroes, Al DiMeola epitomized the riff-happy gunslinger: He had startlingly fast hands, but a musical mind never as focused as his licks. Most of Anthology’s 1976-82 tracks haven’t dated gracefully, but the playing is what counts. Joined by game bandmates like keyboardist Jan Hammer and drummer Steve Gadd, DiMeola is like a virtuoso trapeze artist habitually cheating death. B-
Posted December 15 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big