Memo to Cher: Welcome to the dollhouse. Last month, Mattel’s miniature replica of the entertainer was featured in an episode of Will & Grace in which Sean Hayes’ Cher-obsessed alter ego, Jack, meets his idol. Although the Bob Mackie-clad clone (you were expecting Barbie hand-me-downs?) won’t be in stores until May, it’s already clicking with fans. Two weeks after the Nov. 16 episode aired, 1,200 people had logged on to the toy titan’s website to request e-mail updates on the plaything. But at least one of the diva’s disciples won’t be shelling out $39.95 at Toys ‘R’ Us. Cocreator Max Mutchnick snagged the prized prototype (estimated value: $60,000) that Mattel presented to the W&G cast. ”It’s in my DNA to want a Cher doll,” says the openly gay Mutchnick. ”She’s on a shelf in my office.”
Posted December 15 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?
- Rob Lowe took over our Instagram story to tour the 'Code Black' set
- Miley Cyrus guest hosts 'Ellen' for sick Ellen DeGeneres
- Mel Gibson in talks for spy movie 'Every Other Weekend'