Memo to Cher: Welcome to the dollhouse. Last month, Mattel’s miniature replica of the entertainer was featured in an episode of Will & Grace in which Sean Hayes’ Cher-obsessed alter ego, Jack, meets his idol. Although the Bob Mackie-clad clone (you were expecting Barbie hand-me-downs?) won’t be in stores until May, it’s already clicking with fans. Two weeks after the Nov. 16 episode aired, 1,200 people had logged on to the toy titan’s website to request e-mail updates on the plaything. But at least one of the diva’s disciples won’t be shelling out $39.95 at Toys ‘R’ Us. Cocreator Max Mutchnick snagged the prized prototype (estimated value: $60,000) that Mattel presented to the W&G cast. ”It’s in my DNA to want a Cher doll,” says the openly gay Mutchnick. ”She’s on a shelf in my office.”
Posted December 15 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden sing 'Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'