Memo to Cher: Welcome to the dollhouse. Last month, Mattel’s miniature replica of the entertainer was featured in an episode of Will & Grace in which Sean Hayes’ Cher-obsessed alter ego, Jack, meets his idol. Although the Bob Mackie-clad clone (you were expecting Barbie hand-me-downs?) won’t be in stores until May, it’s already clicking with fans. Two weeks after the Nov. 16 episode aired, 1,200 people had logged on to the toy titan’s website to request e-mail updates on the plaything. But at least one of the diva’s disciples won’t be shelling out $39.95 at Toys ‘R’ Us. Cocreator Max Mutchnick snagged the prized prototype (estimated value: $60,000) that Mattel presented to the W&G cast. ”It’s in my DNA to want a Cher doll,” says the openly gay Mutchnick. ”She’s on a shelf in my office.”
Posted December 15 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Chris Messina in talks to join Ben Affleck's Live By Night
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!