Memo to Cher: Welcome to the dollhouse. Last month, Mattel’s miniature replica of the entertainer was featured in an episode of Will & Grace in which Sean Hayes’ Cher-obsessed alter ego, Jack, meets his idol. Although the Bob Mackie-clad clone (you were expecting Barbie hand-me-downs?) won’t be in stores until May, it’s already clicking with fans. Two weeks after the Nov. 16 episode aired, 1,200 people had logged on to the toy titan’s website to request e-mail updates on the plaything. But at least one of the diva’s disciples won’t be shelling out $39.95 at Toys ‘R’ Us. Cocreator Max Mutchnick snagged the prized prototype (estimated value: $60,000) that Mattel presented to the W&G cast. ”It’s in my DNA to want a Cher doll,” says the openly gay Mutchnick. ”She’s on a shelf in my office.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More