Too cartoonish for adults, not cartoonish enough for children, the less-than-animated adventure The Road to El Dorado follows a pair of 16th-century Spanish stowaways (the oh-so-Iberian Branagh and Kline) on their search for a city of gold. At least Rosie Perez attempts to bury her Brooklyn accent as a Native-American homegirl; if only Elton John and Tim Rice had put as much effort into their songs, which sound like Lion King leftovers. C
Genre: Musical, Animation; Starring: Kenneth Branagh, Kevin Kline, Armand Assante, Edward James Olmos, Rosie Perez; Director: Bibo Bergeron, Will Finn, Don Paul, David Silverman; Author: Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 15 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!