Too cartoonish for adults, not cartoonish enough for children, the less-than-animated adventure The Road to El Dorado follows a pair of 16th-century Spanish stowaways (the oh-so-Iberian Branagh and Kline) on their search for a city of gold. At least Rosie Perez attempts to bury her Brooklyn accent as a Native-American homegirl; if only Elton John and Tim Rice had put as much effort into their songs, which sound like Lion King leftovers. C
Genre: Musical, Animation; Starring: Kenneth Branagh, Kevin Kline, Armand Assante, Edward James Olmos, Rosie Perez; Director: Bibo Bergeron, Will Finn, Don Paul, David Silverman; Author: Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 15 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...