She can channel the spirits of Patti Smith and Grace Slick, but Polly Jean Harvey maintains an insulated dignity that lifts her beyond run-of-the-mill rock stardom. This extensive fan site devoted to the British songstress is similarly austere, offering a fine overview of Harvey’s entire body of work, with news, a discography, lyrics, and an archive of reviews dating back to 1992. Check the frequent updates regarding the October release Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea, but don’t linger on the meager sound/vision page. The site nails the basics but, like Harvey herself, leaves us wanting more.
Posted January 5 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday