This tune created such frenzied downloading that the alt-pop duo snagged the very first Web-to-major-label deal. Which proves one thing – people love a good love ballad. Accompanied only by husband Rob Wasserman on a hushed piano, Kathy Fisher sings of total devotion ”’til my body is dust.” Sure it’s sentimental, but what might easily have turned bathetic or overwrought is, instead, touching and spare. Warning: May cause unexpected weeping. B+
Posted January 12 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Read an excerpt from Willie Nelson's Christmas book, 'Pretty Paper'
- Candace Cameron Bure is leaving 'The View'
- T-Pain haunts Smosh in 'Ghostmates' trailer — exclusive
- 'Rogue One' star Riz Ahmed raps about 'Star Wars' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Cade visits Stefan in mid-season finale
- Yoko Ono pays tribute to John Lennon on anniversary of his death
- 'Hairspray Live!': Anna Kendrick, Andy Cohen, and more praise musical
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk