Amy Heckerling relies on a story line more trite than candy hearts in her Clueless follow-up – and her leading duo isn’t much help either. With her eyes lined in post-Goth smudge, Suvari shows the range of a 2-year-old as Dora, a stray coed who flits between tantrums and tears while sleeping with her skeezy lit prof (Greg Kinnear). Biggs’ Paul is a well-meaning, pathetic lug who unfunnily exhibits classic nerd tendencies – trips on stairs, wears dumb hat. The lesson: Two losers do not a winner make.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jason Biggs, Mena Suvari, Dan Aykroyd, Greg Kinnear; Director: Amy Heckerling; Author: Amy Heckerling; Release Date Wide: 07/21/2000; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 12 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- Star Trek TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers