In Miss Congeniality, Sandra Bullock – one of today’s most likable but least successfully developed marquee-caliber actresses – stars as a frumpy FBI agent who goes undercover as a beauty pageant contestant. This gender-stereotyped, powder-puff comedy about the agony of women competing for tiaras and wrestling with leg wax lucks out only in comparison with worse junk like ”Beautiful” and ”Drop Dead Gorgeous.” It’s not mean – and it does costar Michael Caine and the great Candice Bergen.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Candice Bergen, Benjamin Bratt, Michael Caine, William Shatner; Director: Donald Petrie; Author: Katie Ford, Marc Lawrence; Producer (group): Castle Rock Productions, Fortis Films, Village Roadshow; Release Date Wide: 12/22/2000; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 12 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- Michael Fassbender rises to power in new 'Macbeth' trailer
- Janet Jackson kicks off world tour with new song featuring Missy Elliott
- Alison Mosshart details the Dead Weather's new album
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!