In Miss Congeniality, Sandra Bullock – one of today’s most likable but least successfully developed marquee-caliber actresses – stars as a frumpy FBI agent who goes undercover as a beauty pageant contestant. This gender-stereotyped, powder-puff comedy about the agony of women competing for tiaras and wrestling with leg wax lucks out only in comparison with worse junk like ”Beautiful” and ”Drop Dead Gorgeous.” It’s not mean – and it does costar Michael Caine and the great Candice Bergen.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Candice Bergen, Benjamin Bratt, Michael Caine, William Shatner; Director: Donald Petrie; Author: Katie Ford, Marc Lawrence; Producer (group): Castle Rock Productions, Fortis Films, Village Roadshow; Release Date Wide: 12/22/2000; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 12 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mireille Enos joins Shonda Rhimes' 'Catch'
- 'Breakfast Club' to screen at SXSW Festival
- Daytime Emmy Awards returning to television
- Hear Will Butler of Arcade Fire's solo debut 'Policy' on Spotify
- The full, uncensored studio version of Kanye's 'All Day' is finally here
- The EW Guide to Music Festival Season 2015
- AOL launches digital series 'Connected' on March 31