In Miss Congeniality, Sandra Bullock – one of today’s most likable but least successfully developed marquee-caliber actresses – stars as a frumpy FBI agent who goes undercover as a beauty pageant contestant. This gender-stereotyped, powder-puff comedy about the agony of women competing for tiaras and wrestling with leg wax lucks out only in comparison with worse junk like ”Beautiful” and ”Drop Dead Gorgeous.” It’s not mean – and it does costar Michael Caine and the great Candice Bergen.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Candice Bergen, Benjamin Bratt, Michael Caine, William Shatner; Director: Donald Petrie; Author: Katie Ford, Marc Lawrence; Producer (group): Castle Rock Productions, Fortis Films, Village Roadshow; Release Date Wide: 12/22/2000; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 12 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- 'The Big Bang Theory' shocker: Bernadette's big news!
- Here are all the featured artists on Kanye West's new album
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996