Already a veteran of scary movies, Scream’s Matthew Lillard chases spooks in two upcoming films. In 13 Ghosts, he plays a man who has seizures around spirits. And then – zoinks! – he becomes Shaggy in the live-action Scooby-Doo, for which he’s grown the trademark soul patch (”It’s his attempt to be sexy”) and practiced his cartoonish walk (”all pelvic thrust with big kick-outs from the knees”). As for the plot, the actor hints that the Mystery Inc. team (with Sarah Michelle Gellar as Daphne and Freddie Prinze Jr. as Fred) reunites on demon-haunted Spooky Island. ”They’ve gone their own ways because of ego, and Scooby and I bring them back together,” says Lillard, who worries a bit about career fallout. ”Once you go Shaggy, there’s no going back.”
Posted January 12 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'