In the battle of the bags, Fendi is out and Dior is in. Though Fendi’s famous baguette has been spotted on Angie Harmon, Liz Hurley, Winona Ryder, and Sarah Jessica Parker, the Italian accessory has certainly seen better days. ”Fendis are tired,” says fashion stylist Havana Laffitte. ”Everybody’s got one, and you can get a pretty decent knockoff, so they’ve lost their elitist quality.” Meanwhile, Christian Dior, with its logo-emblazoned saddlebag, is taking the lead. Fashion fiend Tori Spelling weighed in on the bag brouhaha recently, reportedly declaring Dior the next big thing at the Carousel of Hope gala, while Milla Jovovich, Daisy Fuentes, and Eve have been seen sporting the purse, and Gwyneth Paltrow appeared in a Dior ad campaign last year. ”The Dior bag seems to be having quite a moment right now,” confirms Laffitte. ”They were very popular at the Paris shows, and they’ve got that whole equestrian thing, which is really hot.” They’ve also got a waiting list, which is, of course, the truest sign of a status symbol.
Posted January 12 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday