Columbia’s Spider-Man isn’t due until May 3, 2002, but the usual web of secrecy is missing. ”We want to save some surprises,” says director Sam Raimi. ”But we’re not going to torture the audience.” In fact, the studio has released this exclusive first look at a Spidey-suited Tobey Maguire — yep, that’s him in the formfitting body glove designed by Oscar winner James Acheson. ”It took a little getting used to,” admits the newly buff 25-year-old, who will be leaping and swinging Crouching Tiger-style via wires and special effects. No kung fu, though. ”I can personally do any style of fighting they ask,” jokes Maguire. ”But no, we gotta stick to the comic.”
Posted January 19 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rob Gronkowski goes undercover for Lyft to talk astrophysics, Tom Brady
- 'Good Girls Revolt' looks at sexism in the '60s publishing world
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop