The freakier Kevin Bacon gets, the brighter he shines. Last February, the Bacon-powered thriller Stir of Echoes made a gentle rumble, entering the chart at No. 6 and ultimately peaking at No. 3. And this week, his disappearing act in Hollow Man edged out the debut of Richard Gere and Winona Ryder’s tearjerker Autumn in New York for the top spot. Meanwhile, the Wayans’ Scary Movie, elbowed to No. 3 by the newcomers, continues to bring in frighteningly good results.
Posted January 19 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- Kim Kardashian West is Wonder Woman in Halloween throwback photo
- 'The Flash': Meet the new Harrison Wells
- '24: Legacy' drops new trailer during World Series
- Ice Cube developing modern-day 'Oliver Twist' musical at Disney
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop