Ricky Martin put the American in the American Music Awards when he told EW that for one night only he was ”livin’ la vida crazy.” And whatta crazy, freaky night it was at the Jan. 8 event in L.A. as Daryl Hannah (costumed as the bride of Marilyn Manson) sat in with reporters quizzing Nelly, and Favorite New Country Artist nominee Alecia Elliott cooed, ”I want to meet Eminem. He’s a very handsome man and I like to listen to his music.” (Unfortunately, the rapweiler was a no-show.) Most bizarre of all: appearances by former Lolita popsters Debbie … er … Deborah Gibson and Tiffany. ”We’re friends now,” revealed Tiff. ”She’s taking a totally different path than I am, so there’s no rivalry.” Hear that, Britney and Christina?
Posted January 19 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal' lures Jeff Perry's daughter Zoe for season 6 role
- 'Walking Dead': Josh McDermitt on the scary bond between Carl & Negan
- 'The Mummy' director on the big surprises in that new trailer
- Bob Dylan provides speech for Nobel Prize banquet he won't attend
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' becomes third-biggest debut of 2016
- Stone Temple Pilots remember Scott Weiland one year after his death
- What to Watch: Chance the Rapper and James Taylor help light a tree
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners