Film her, baby … one more time? Reports say Britney Spears will shoot her first feature, a $10 million film cofinanced by her label, Jive Records, this spring. The untitled road tripper follows three pals on their way to — who’dathunkit? — a music contest. Sounds like a perfect cinematic debut — except oops! … She’s done it before. Yep, the doe-eyed divette already appeared in Longshot, a romantic comedy filmed in 1999 under the aegis of teen-pop impresario Louis J. Pearlman. The pic, which Pearlman’s team hopes to release in late spring, features tunes and walk-ons from TRL regulars like LFO and O-Town. (Even Brit’s beau Justin Timberlake, above, pops up as a valet.) But don’t expect an Oscar campaign for Britney. ”We only had her for half an hour,” says Longshot director Lionel Martin. ”She plays a flight attendant. The captain of the plane is Kenny Rogers. The movie has a bit of that Airplane! feel.” We can hear it now: ”Britney, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?”
Posted January 26 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat