WHAT The multilevel, Bali-inspired Lotus is fast becoming the prototype for a new breed of club that combines traditional (read: noisy) bar/dance elements with quieter zones. WHERE The supper club, which opened last June in NYC’s meatpacking district, has earned a rep as a place where stars like Benicio Del Toro and Robert DeNiro can lounge in peace. WHO The venue has hosted everything from Tigerland’s premiere party to Jennifer Lopez’s birthday bash, and features a ”Celebrity Chef’s Wall,” where celebs sign the kitchen tiles. (Lenny Kravitz gushed that the food was so good he ”almost ate [his] fingers.”) DRINK SPECIAL Co-owner David Rabin likens the chocolate-coconut martinis to an ”alcoholic Mounds bar.”
Posted January 26 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony