A racial-cartoon buddy movie that flogs its best laugh — indeed, its only laugh — in the trailer. Daryl (Orlando Jones), a Wall Street banker on the run from a drug cartel, has traded places with Freddy (Eddie Griffin), a nattering hustler. Daryl, launching into a shameless caricature of a ghetto lush, chews out an Amtrak waiter for the crime of not having in stock any ”Schlitz! … malt! … licka!” Good joke. End of the movie’s humorous imagination. Griffin, with his stylized street rasp, carries on like some idiot white movie executive’s idea of ”the new Chris Tucker.” D
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Eddie Griffin, Orlando Jones, Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, Vivica A. Fox, Gary Grubbs, Sterling Macer Jr., Benny Nieves, Daniel Roebuck; Director: George Gallo; Author: George Gallo; Producer (group): Kumbaya Productions, Permut Presentations, Rat Entertainment, Touchstone Pictures; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted January 26 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?