Jessica Simpson wants us to love her forever – or at least for one more record. Now recording the follow up to her 1999 debut, ”Sweet Kisses,” the 20 year old ballad belter and Britney in waiting admits bluntly, ”I haven’t had the success of the other girls…. This album is crucial. It’s either me staying where I am, or taking off to the top.” Maybe that’s why Sony Music honcho Tommy Mottola is handpicking every song. ”It’s not just me singing about being in love. I also have heartbreak songs and girls telling off guys songs,” says Simpson of the CD, which includes a 50 piece orchestra on two tracks. ”It’s going to take me a while to recoup [on] this album, because we spent a lot of money on it.”
(Jessica Simpson: Jonathan Worth)
Posted February 1 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!