Jessica Simpson wants us to love her forever – or at least for one more record. Now recording the follow up to her 1999 debut, ”Sweet Kisses,” the 20 year old ballad belter and Britney in waiting admits bluntly, ”I haven’t had the success of the other girls…. This album is crucial. It’s either me staying where I am, or taking off to the top.” Maybe that’s why Sony Music honcho Tommy Mottola is handpicking every song. ”It’s not just me singing about being in love. I also have heartbreak songs and girls telling off guys songs,” says Simpson of the CD, which includes a 50 piece orchestra on two tracks. ”It’s going to take me a while to recoup [on] this album, because we spent a lot of money on it.”
(Jessica Simpson: Jonathan Worth)
Posted February 1 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the full trailer for Danny Boyle & Aaron Sorkin's 'Steve Jobs'
- J Balvin reacts to Trump fallout: Latinos are 'asking to be respected'
- See Ethan confront Harold in exclusive 'Wayward Pines' clip
- Freddie Mercury 'reacts' to Kanye West's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' cover
- What killed 'Superman Lives'?: New clip from doc on Tim Burton-Kevin Smith-Nicolas Cage '90s project
- Prince posts new 'HARDROCKLOVER'
- Iggy Azalea calls out sexist media
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!