Jessica Simpson wants us to love her forever – or at least for one more record. Now recording the follow up to her 1999 debut, ”Sweet Kisses,” the 20 year old ballad belter and Britney in waiting admits bluntly, ”I haven’t had the success of the other girls…. This album is crucial. It’s either me staying where I am, or taking off to the top.” Maybe that’s why Sony Music honcho Tommy Mottola is handpicking every song. ”It’s not just me singing about being in love. I also have heartbreak songs and girls telling off guys songs,” says Simpson of the CD, which includes a 50 piece orchestra on two tracks. ”It’s going to take me a while to recoup [on] this album, because we spent a lot of money on it.”
(Jessica Simpson: Jonathan Worth)
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: 'in good spirits'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!