From Newcastle, England – best known for a lovely ale that’s just shy of offensively sweet – came this similar, very ’80s outfit led by flaneur flyboy Paddy MacAloon. Clearly wowed by his own cleverness, he folded 10CC pop froth into an arty mix of blue-eyed soul and show-tune gestures to make something uniquely his own: a two-CD history of a charming man who croons ”smooch” with no apparent irony. No wonder he flopped here. B
The Collection From Newcastle, England -- best known for a lovely ale that's just shy of offensively sweet -- came this similar, very '80s outfit led by flaneur...The CollectionPop, R&B, Reissues From Newcastle, England -- best known for a lovely ale that's just shy of offensively sweet -- came this similar, very '80s outfit led by flaneur...2001-02-16
Genre: Pop, R&B, Reissues; Lead Performer: Martha Wash
Posted February 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony