In a new twist, Britney Spears is causing a fashion commotion by putting something on. The pop princess’ Super Bowl take on the tube sock scored a fashion touchdown. ”I loved it,” gushes celeb stylist Ryan Colby, who has worked with Ryan Phillippe and Jared Leto, adding ”It’s a Flashdance-y — but more updated — look, a throwback to the ’80s.” The tube-sock revolution emerged in Japan and France, migrated to urban dance clubs and bars, and will soon hit mainstream outlets like Urban Outfitters (which plans to sell embroidered athletic wristbands and charm-laden arm socks this spring). ”Right now, the look is preppy, it’s retro-sport, or it’s punk,” says Sue Otto, creative director for Urban Outfitters. ”This sock-band thing is a great accent.” And with a six-pack of tubers from Fruit Of The Loom, it’s truly cheap chic.
Posted February 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big