Beastie Boy Adam ”Ad Rock” Horovitz teamed with Amery ”Awol” Smith and a drum ”boom-boom” machine to create these hipper-than-thou minimalist ditties. More novelty than novel, the 20 tracks consist largely of Casiotone synthesizer loops mixed with old-school beats. The result is chipper but mortifyingly simple mood music that any inventive 12-year-old could produce. B
Simply Mortified Beastie Boy Adam ''Ad Rock'' Horovitz teamed with Amery ''Awol'' Smith and a drum ''boom-boom'' machine to create these hipper-than-thou minimalist ...Simply MortifiedHip-Hop/Rap Beastie Boy Adam ''Ad Rock'' Horovitz teamed with Amery ''Awol'' Smith and a drum ''boom-boom'' machine to create these hipper-than-thou minimalist ...2001-02-23
Posted February 23 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Simon Pegg talks 'Star Trek Beyond' with an ISS astronaut
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy's EW blog: Pro gives advice to those still in the game
- Seth Rogen, more to dine on 'Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party'
- Kevin Curran, Emmy-winning 'Simpsons' producers, dies at 59
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop