This year alone, the Czech capital has hosted shoots for the Hughes brothers’ From Hell (top), the Matt Damon-starrer The Bourne Identity, and the epic A Knight’s Tale (above); Blade 2 is gearing up to begin filming there in March. Why Here? It has the charm of other European cities, snazzy soundstages (originally built by the Nazis for making propaganda films), and, says one producer, because of the depressed economy ”what costs us $250,000 a day to film in Paris costs us $100,000 in Prague.” Reality Check If you can get past the cabbage-topped pepperoni pizza, says Damon, ”it feels just like working in L.A.”
Posted February 23 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie