There’s a lot of Pulp Fiction and Go and a bundle of moviemaking bravura packed into this molten Mexican passion play, a nominee for Best Foreign Language Film. Amores Perros is loosely translated as ”Love Is a Bitch,” and the dog-eat-dog nature of humans is expressed not only in disturbing glimpses of brutal backroom dogfights but also in the relationships between the animals and their owners. Fierce, loving, and electric, this movie’s got bite as well as bark.
Genre: Comedy, Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Vanessa Bauche, Gael García Bernal, Goya Toledo, Alvaro Guerrero, Laura Almela, Jorge Salinas; Director: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu; Producer (group): Altavista Films, Zeta Film; Release Date Limited: 03/30/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 153; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 13 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'X-Files' writer on Monday night's huge spoiler
- Lupita Nyong'o in talks to star in sci-fi thriller 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Orange Is the New Black' star Taryn Manning is suing New York City over 2014 arrest
- 'Taxi Driver' turns 40: Five ways the movie affected pop culture
- Billy Eichner's trailer was hit by a truck while he was inside
- ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons to star in Discovery pilot 'Rockin' Roadsters'
- 'The Flash' star Danielle Panabaker teases Killer Frost's icy Earth-2 debut