There’s a lot of Pulp Fiction and Go and a bundle of moviemaking bravura packed into this molten Mexican passion play, a nominee for Best Foreign Language Film. Amores Perros is loosely translated as ”Love Is a Bitch,” and the dog-eat-dog nature of humans is expressed not only in disturbing glimpses of brutal backroom dogfights but also in the relationships between the animals and their owners. Fierce, loving, and electric, this movie’s got bite as well as bark.
Genre: Comedy, Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Vanessa Bauche, Gael García Bernal, Goya Toledo, Alvaro Guerrero, Laura Almela, Jorge Salinas; Director: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu; Producer (group): Altavista Films, Zeta Film; Runtime (in minutes): 153; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' companion series will be called...
- 9 plotlines you didn't realize started in the 'Grey's Anatomy' pilot
- Chill your way into the weekend with DADRAS's 'RUBAIYAT I' EP -- exclusive
- NBC orders Ellen DeGeneres-produced reality series 'First Dates'
- Downton Abbey producer explains why the series had to end
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons talks animated film debut, co-star Rihanna and his hometown
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'SHIELD,' 'Arrow,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!