There’s a lot of Pulp Fiction and Go and a bundle of moviemaking bravura packed into this molten Mexican passion play, a nominee for Best Foreign Language Film. Amores Perros is loosely translated as ”Love Is a Bitch,” and the dog-eat-dog nature of humans is expressed not only in disturbing glimpses of brutal backroom dogfights but also in the relationships between the animals and their owners. Fierce, loving, and electric, this movie’s got bite as well as bark.
Genre: Comedy, Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Vanessa Bauche, Gael García Bernal, Goya Toledo, Alvaro Guerrero, Laura Almela, Jorge Salinas; Director: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu; Producer (group): Altavista Films, Zeta Film; Release Date Limited: 03/30/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 153; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 13 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'