”My piano crouched in the corner of my room with all its teeth bared,” Cave sings on ”Hallelujah.” Or in other words, he’s had a touch of writer’s block since the Bad Seeds’ last album, 1997’s The Boatman’s Call. Cave weaves meandering narratives on No More Shall We Part, which hide behind stately piano and string arrangements and grasp for strength in his bellowing voice. The doomed-soul routine no longer sounds convincing. Cave’s songs once conjured eternity. Now they just feel like one.
No More Shall We Part ''My piano crouched in the corner of my room with all its teeth bared,'' Cave sings on ''Hallelujah.'' Or in other words, he's had a touch of writer's...No More Shall We Part ''My piano crouched in the corner of my room with all its teeth bared,'' Cave sings on ''Hallelujah.'' Or in other words, he's had a touch of writer's...2001-04-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!