There are two kinds of people: the ones who have seen – and love – Big Trouble in Little China, a John Carpenter kung fu Western buddy Chinese ghost love story, and those poor saps who aren’t burdened with having to try and describe it to the uninitiated. Ignored upon its initial release, this cult genre mosaic follows a swaggering trucker, a restaurateur, and a lawyer through the mystical underground of San Francisco’s Chinatown. The highlight of this two disc set – which also features deleted scenes, an extended ending, trailers, and a 1986 featurette – is the pitch perfect Russell and Carpenter commentary, which delves into Fox’s marketing mishaps, Chinese history, and how Russell’s son did in his hockey game.
(Big Trouble in Little China: Photofest)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Kurt Russell, Kate Burton, Kim Cattrall, Dennis Dun, James Hong, Victor Wong; Director: John Carpenter; Author: Gary Goldman, W.D. Richter, David Z. Weinstein; Producer (group): TAFT Entertainment Pictures, 20th Century Fox Film Corporation; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted May 22 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama roasts Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch