Seeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999’s underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on themselves: Elliott with sexier, provocative rhymes, Timbaland with mostly robust beats ranging from club jams (”4 My People”) to caffeinated techno (”Scream a.k.a. Itchin”’). Elliott spends too much time dissing detractors, but the hooks come as fast as the reefer references, and for the first time since her debut, she sounds as if she’s having a blast singing, rhyming, growling, hissing, and purring. Don’t count her out yet. B+
Miss E...So AddictiveSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...Miss E...So AddictiveHip-Hop/RapSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...2001-05-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Missy Elliott; Producer (group): Elektra
Posted May 25 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!