Seeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999’s underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on themselves: Elliott with sexier, provocative rhymes, Timbaland with mostly robust beats ranging from club jams (”4 My People”) to caffeinated techno (”Scream a.k.a. Itchin”’). Elliott spends too much time dissing detractors, but the hooks come as fast as the reefer references, and for the first time since her debut, she sounds as if she’s having a blast singing, rhyming, growling, hissing, and purring. Don’t count her out yet. B+
Miss E...So AddictiveSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...Miss E...So AddictiveHip-Hop/RapSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...2001-05-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Missy Elliott; Producer (group): Elektra
Posted May 25 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star teases Amelia's struggle with getting pregnant
- Alden Ehrenreich on playing young Han Solo: 'It's been so surreal'
- WATCH: Gizmo and the Gremlins are newest additions to 'Lego Dimensions'
- WATCH: New 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' Trailer — Exclusive
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- Pussy Riot slam Trump in brutal new song, 'Make America Great Again'
- Donald Trump slams Hillary Clinton for attending Adele concert
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers