Seeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999’s underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on themselves: Elliott with sexier, provocative rhymes, Timbaland with mostly robust beats ranging from club jams (”4 My People”) to caffeinated techno (”Scream a.k.a. Itchin”’). Elliott spends too much time dissing detractors, but the hooks come as fast as the reefer references, and for the first time since her debut, she sounds as if she’s having a blast singing, rhyming, growling, hissing, and purring. Don’t count her out yet. B+
Miss E...So AddictiveSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...Miss E...So AddictiveHip-Hop/RapSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...2001-05-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Missy Elliott; Producer (group): Elektra
Posted May 25 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Foals premiere interactive video for 'Mountain at My Gates'
- MTV's 'Scream' renewed for season 2
- Jane Lynch's mom once chased after Meryl Streep
- Jason Schwartzman & Josh Charles talk 'Wet Hot' prequel
- Justin Bieber teases new single, 'What Do You Mean,' due out next month
- YouTube stars unite for first all-female 'Girls' Night In' tour
- LeBron James hints at role in 'Space Jam 2'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!