Seeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999’s underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on themselves: Elliott with sexier, provocative rhymes, Timbaland with mostly robust beats ranging from club jams (”4 My People”) to caffeinated techno (”Scream a.k.a. Itchin”’). Elliott spends too much time dissing detractors, but the hooks come as fast as the reefer references, and for the first time since her debut, she sounds as if she’s having a blast singing, rhyming, growling, hissing, and purring. Don’t count her out yet. B+
Miss E...So AddictiveSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...Miss E...So AddictiveHip-Hop/RapSeeking to reclaim the rap throne after 1999's underappreciated Da Real World, Elliott and producer Timbaland throw a fresh coat of paint on...2001-05-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Missy Elliott; Producer (group): Elektra
Posted May 25 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- Jeff Probst on the players he is surprised did not get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- Everything you need to know about the 2015 MTV VMAs
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!