”I did go from wanting to be someone/ Now I’m drunk and wearing flip-flops on Fifth Avenue,” Wainwright croons on the semiautobiographical title track of his latest, Poses. Unlike the narrator, the songwriter has fulfilled his debut’s potential. With Broadway worthy new standards and a strong supporting cast (Sarah McLachlan producer Pierre Marchand, Propellorheads’ Alex Gifford, former Hole bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur), Wainwright delivers a flawless, flip-flopless performance.
(IM)MATERIAL GIRL Wainwright can't decide if he loves or hates Madonna
Genre: Rock, Folk; Lead Performer: Rufus Wainwright; Guest Performer: Alex Gifford, Pierre Marchand, Melissa Auf Der Maur
Posted June 4 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama explains what's funny, not funny about Trump
- Seth Meyers mocks Trump's Gettysburg address
- Tom Hanks asks Zoltar from 'Big' for yet another wish
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'