”I did go from wanting to be someone/ Now I’m drunk and wearing flip-flops on Fifth Avenue,” Wainwright croons on the semiautobiographical title track of his latest, Poses. Unlike the narrator, the songwriter has fulfilled his debut’s potential. With Broadway worthy new standards and a strong supporting cast (Sarah McLachlan producer Pierre Marchand, Propellorheads’ Alex Gifford, former Hole bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur), Wainwright delivers a flawless, flip-flopless performance.
(IM)MATERIAL GIRL Wainwright can't decide if he loves or hates Madonna
Genre: Rock, Folk; Lead Performer: Rufus Wainwright; Guest Performer: Alex Gifford, Pierre Marchand, Melissa Auf Der Maur
Posted June 4 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters