”I did go from wanting to be someone/ Now I’m drunk and wearing flip-flops on Fifth Avenue,” Wainwright croons on the semiautobiographical title track of his latest, Poses. Unlike the narrator, the songwriter has fulfilled his debut’s potential. With Broadway worthy new standards and a strong supporting cast (Sarah McLachlan producer Pierre Marchand, Propellorheads’ Alex Gifford, former Hole bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur), Wainwright delivers a flawless, flip-flopless performance.
(IM)MATERIAL GIRL Wainwright can't decide if he loves or hates Madonna
Genre: Rock, Folk; Lead Performer: Rufus Wainwright; Guest Performer: Alex Gifford, Pierre Marchand, Melissa Auf Der Maur
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Breaking: Jake Gyllenhaal admits he was once in a boy band
- Original Hedwig John Cameron Mitchell to receive special Tony Award
- Chance the Rapper remixes Jeremih's 'Planes'
- 'Homeland' goes to Germany for season 5
- 'Grey's Anatomy' tried to warn us McDreamy was doomed...
- 'Chicago Fire' adds Dora Madison Burge
- Daniel Bruhl as Marvel 'Civil War' villain