”I did go from wanting to be someone/ Now I’m drunk and wearing flip-flops on Fifth Avenue,” Wainwright croons on the semiautobiographical title track of his latest, Poses. Unlike the narrator, the songwriter has fulfilled his debut’s potential. With Broadway worthy new standards and a strong supporting cast (Sarah McLachlan producer Pierre Marchand, Propellorheads’ Alex Gifford, former Hole bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur), Wainwright delivers a flawless, flip-flopless performance.
(IM)MATERIAL GIRL Wainwright can't decide if he loves or hates Madonna
Genre: Rock, Folk; Lead Performer: Rufus Wainwright; Guest Performer: Alex Gifford, Pierre Marchand, Melissa Auf Der Maur
Posted June 4 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?