Sally Potter’s wacked historical suds opera is a showcase of future-resume embarrassments, from John Turturro flashing his guileless gawk-smile as a very, very famous Italian opera singer to Cate Blanchett, as a Moscow gold digger, preening like Mata Hari played by Gwen Stefani impersonating Veronica Lake. Christina Ricci, with her disaffected stare of ”Whatever!” blankness, looks like she’d rather be playing videogames.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Cate Blanchett, Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, John Turturro, Claudia Lander-Duke, Harry Dean Stanton, Oleg Yankovsky; Director: Sally Potter; Author: Sally Potter; Producer (group): Adventure Pictures, Le Studio Canal, Working Title Films; Runtime (in minutes): 1; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal Focus
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Justified: Watch Raylan's 10 all-time best showdowns
- My Morning Jacket releases spacey "Spring (Among The Living)," second track off upcoming album
- Sequel to Stieg Larsson's Millennium series gets title and cover
- Robin Williams' widow and children agree to mediation over his estate
- Zayn Malik's first solo music leaks
- Exclusive 'Zoo' poster claims that 'the wild shall inherit the earth'
- Trevor Noah faces backlash for old tweets
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!