Hilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D – the duo Jack Black (”High Fidelity”) and Kyle Gass – attack acoustic guitars with a metal band’s intensity, aided by Foo Fighter and fan Dave Grohl on drums, with the Dust Brothers producing. The D have a multitude of messages, most of them unprintable and having to do with wooing women, but also an overriding belief that the purpose of life is to create something aspiring to art, even if it is the magnificently detailed crud of Tenacious D-music. They’re profane, bursting with rage and lust, and they deliver more laughs than anyone since Richard Pryor. In short, they are artists with a capital…A.
Tenacious DHilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D -- the duo Jack Black (''High Fidelity'') and Kyle Gass -- attack acoustic guitars with a metal...Tenacious DRockHilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D -- the duo Jack Black (''High Fidelity'') and Kyle Gass -- attack acoustic guitars with a metal...2001-09-24
(Tenacious D: Edie Baskin/Outline)
Posted September 24 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Madam Secretary' boss previews twist-filled election storyline
- 'Twin Peaks' has a familiar-sounding treat for fans
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'The Flash,' 'H50' & more
- New York Film Festival: 10 essential movies and events to catch
- Meet the Justice Society of America in new 'Legends of Tomorrow' pics
- Meet Tori Anderson, the daredevil breakout star of 'No Tomorrow'
- DNCE drop groovy 'Body Moves' single ahead of self-titled album