Hilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D – the duo Jack Black (”High Fidelity”) and Kyle Gass – attack acoustic guitars with a metal band’s intensity, aided by Foo Fighter and fan Dave Grohl on drums, with the Dust Brothers producing. The D have a multitude of messages, most of them unprintable and having to do with wooing women, but also an overriding belief that the purpose of life is to create something aspiring to art, even if it is the magnificently detailed crud of Tenacious D-music. They’re profane, bursting with rage and lust, and they deliver more laughs than anyone since Richard Pryor. In short, they are artists with a capital…A.
Tenacious DHilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D -- the duo Jack Black (''High Fidelity'') and Kyle Gass -- attack acoustic guitars with a metal...Tenacious DRockHilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D -- the duo Jack Black (''High Fidelity'') and Kyle Gass -- attack acoustic guitars with a metal...2001-09-24
(Tenacious D: Edie Baskin/Outline)
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation