Hilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D – the duo Jack Black (”High Fidelity”) and Kyle Gass – attack acoustic guitars with a metal band’s intensity, aided by Foo Fighter and fan Dave Grohl on drums, with the Dust Brothers producing. The D have a multitude of messages, most of them unprintable and having to do with wooing women, but also an overriding belief that the purpose of life is to create something aspiring to art, even if it is the magnificently detailed crud of Tenacious D-music. They’re profane, bursting with rage and lust, and they deliver more laughs than anyone since Richard Pryor. In short, they are artists with a capital…A.
Tenacious DHilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D -- the duo Jack Black (''High Fidelity'') and Kyle Gass -- attack acoustic guitars with a metal...Tenacious DRockHilarious, but no mere comedy record. Tenacious D -- the duo Jack Black (''High Fidelity'') and Kyle Gass -- attack acoustic guitars with a metal...2001-09-24
(Tenacious D: Edie Baskin/Outline)
Posted September 24 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Blake Lively's audition for 'Gossip Girl'
- Bob Dylan and IBM's Watson get tangled up in new ad
- Duplass brothers launch first-ever Oscar bid for transgender stars
- Larry Brezner, former manager of Robin Williams, dies at 73
- Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde on NPR: ‘Just don’t buy the f---ing book’
- New Line plots 'Met Gala Heist movie
- Sanaa Lathan to headline Fox event series about a police shooting