It’s official: Dolores O’Riordan is rock’s most vapid lyricist, Over-25 and Heartfelt division. ”Birds in the sky/They look so high”…”Don’t analyze/Don’t go that way/Don’t live that way/That would paralyze your evolution”…”Looks like we’ve screwed up the ozone layer/I wonder if the politicians cay-ay-are.” Yikes – we’re just three numbers in! At least original producer Stephen Street is back, making a few tracks into palatable ear candy, and O’Riordan has traded stridency for softer tones. If only soft-headedness didn’t come with the territory.
Wake Up and Smell the Coffee It's official: Dolores O'Riordan is rock's most vapid lyricist, Over-25 and Heartfelt division. ''Birds in the sky/They look so high''...''Don't...Wake Up and Smell the Coffee It's official: Dolores O'Riordan is rock's most vapid lyricist, Over-25 and Heartfelt division. ''Birds in the sky/They look so high''...''Don't...2001-10-26
Producer (group): MCA
Posted October 26 2001 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- Celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Rihanna's 'Music of the Sun' with 11 fun facts about the album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!