Thirteen Ghosts, the second over-the-top remake of an over-the-top William Castle horror flick (the first was ”House on Haunted Hill”) tries to update the innocent camp of the original with cheap post-”Scream” irony and lazy, scattered racial jokes while dishing out technologically advanced spookiness. The result is a Halloween movie in horror limbo in which Tony Shalhoub, Shannon Elizabeth, Matthew Lillard, and others scream down hallways populated by ghosts.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Shannon Elizabeth, Matthew Lillard, Tony Shalhoub, F. Murray Abraham, Embeth Davidtz, Rah Digga, Alec Roberts; Director: Steve Beck; Author: Todd Alcott, Steve Beck, Neal Marshall Stevens; Release Date Wide: 10/26/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted November 9 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big