Thirteen Ghosts, the second over-the-top remake of an over-the-top William Castle horror flick (the first was ”House on Haunted Hill”) tries to update the innocent camp of the original with cheap post-”Scream” irony and lazy, scattered racial jokes while dishing out technologically advanced spookiness. The result is a Halloween movie in horror limbo in which Tony Shalhoub, Shannon Elizabeth, Matthew Lillard, and others scream down hallways populated by ghosts.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Shannon Elizabeth, Matthew Lillard, Tony Shalhoub, F. Murray Abraham, Embeth Davidtz, Rah Digga, Alec Roberts; Director: Steve Beck; Author: Todd Alcott, Steve Beck, Neal Marshall Stevens; Release Date Wide: 10/26/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted November 9 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- Michael Massee, Actor Who Played '24' Villain Ira Gaines, Dies at 61
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers