The fanciful delights of this charmer are set in a timeless Paris so romantic, you may want to drop everything and fly to France. But you’d wear out your walking shoes looking for the mythic City of Light pictured in Amélie, and you’ll never meet anyone like the gamine title beauty (Audrey Tautou), a blooming eccentric who choreographs good luck for people around her like a French Jane Austen heroine. Mathieu Kassovitz plays the man she doesn’t realize she’s meant to love.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Foreign Language; Starring: Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz; Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet; Author: Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Guillaume Laurant; Release Date Limited: 11/02/2001; Release Date Wide: 11/16/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ariana Grande rides into the desert with new guy in 'Into You' video
- 'Blindspot' unveils summer-long social scavenger hunt
- 'Blindspot' shocker: Who is Jane Doe, really?
- Animals with A-list voices take center stage in full 'Sing' trailer
- Nyle DiMarco’s freestyle is ‘best’ in ‘DWTS’ history, Carrie-Ann Inaba says
- '12 Monkeys': What's happened to Railly?
- 'The Flash': Can Barry stop Zoom from destroying the multi-verse?