The fanciful delights of this charmer are set in a timeless Paris so romantic, you may want to drop everything and fly to France. But you’d wear out your walking shoes looking for the mythic City of Light pictured in Amélie, and you’ll never meet anyone like the gamine title beauty (Audrey Tautou), a blooming eccentric who choreographs good luck for people around her like a French Jane Austen heroine. Mathieu Kassovitz plays the man she doesn’t realize she’s meant to love.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Foreign Language; Starring: Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz; Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet; Author: Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Guillaume Laurant; Release Date Limited: 11/02/2001; Release Date Wide: 11/16/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Here's your exclusive first look at 'Project Runway' season 15
- Marvel Tsum Tsums go from plush to digital in new mobile game
- Chris Pratt explains his 'Magnificent Seven' character
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Jim Broadbent in first season 7 role
- 'Pretty Little Liars': The latest victim speaks!
- 'Captain America: Civil War' among new items on iTunes in September
- The Voice's Dia Frampton shares career struggle in heartbreaking essay
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall