The fanciful delights of this charmer are set in a timeless Paris so romantic, you may want to drop everything and fly to France. But you’d wear out your walking shoes looking for the mythic City of Light pictured in Amélie, and you’ll never meet anyone like the gamine title beauty (Audrey Tautou), a blooming eccentric who choreographs good luck for people around her like a French Jane Austen heroine. Mathieu Kassovitz plays the man she doesn’t realize she’s meant to love.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Foreign Language; Starring: Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz; Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet; Author: Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Guillaume Laurant; Release Date Limited: 11/02/2001; Release Date Wide: 11/16/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'