The fanciful delights of this charmer are set in a timeless Paris so romantic, you may want to drop everything and fly to France. But you’d wear out your walking shoes looking for the mythic City of Light pictured in Amélie, and you’ll never meet anyone like the gamine title beauty (Audrey Tautou), a blooming eccentric who choreographs good luck for people around her like a French Jane Austen heroine. Mathieu Kassovitz plays the man she doesn’t realize she’s meant to love.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Foreign Language; Starring: Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz; Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet; Author: Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Guillaume Laurant; Release Date Limited: 11/02/2001; Release Date Wide: 11/16/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!