The fanciful delights of this charmer are set in a timeless Paris so romantic, you may want to drop everything and fly to France. But you’d wear out your walking shoes looking for the mythic City of Light pictured in Amélie, and you’ll never meet anyone like the gamine title beauty (Audrey Tautou), a blooming eccentric who choreographs good luck for people around her like a French Jane Austen heroine. Mathieu Kassovitz plays the man she doesn’t realize she’s meant to love.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Foreign Language; Starring: Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz; Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet; Author: Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Guillaume Laurant; Release Date Limited: 11/02/2001; Release Date Wide: 11/16/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Britney Spears dance to Adele's 'Hello'
- Box office report: 'Mockingjay' tops Thanksgiving weekend
- Jennifer Lawrence will keep working with David O. Russell until he dies
- Zoe Saldana goes green (again) for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Chelsea Peretti and Jordan Peele are engaged
- Adele’s '25' smashes records with first-week album sales
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity