John Travolta plays a good divorced dad who believes his son when the kid (Matt O’Leary) says he saw his evil stepfather (Vince Vaughn) murder a guy; everyone else believes the boy’s a liar. Every signifier in Domestic Disturbance, a quintessentially American domestic thriller, is in satisfying running order. Every component fits snugly into a code crackable by an audience primed for the well-manufactured and familiar.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: John Travolta, Vince Vaughn, Steve Buscemi, Matthew O'Leary, Teri Polo; Director: Harold Becker; Author: Lewis Colick; Release Date Wide: 11/02/2001; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted November 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!