Donnie Darko is a marvelous, messed-up antidote to the sitcom alienation of ”American Beauty,” starring Jake Gyllenhaal as a sullen, schizophrenic teenager who hears voices in his head from a man-size rabbit with a twisted-mask face. Writer-director Richard Kelly offers an original indie vision.
Genre: Drama, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore, Daveigh Chase, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Patrick Swayze, Noah Wyle; Director: Richard Kelly; Author: Richard Kelly; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Newmarket Capital Group
Posted November 16 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Luke's absence teased in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' charity video
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says 'Heaven Sent' is 'creepiest' episode yet
- Re-live brilliant Bonnaroo moments from Mumford & Sons, D'Angelo, and more in Thanksgiving video
- Which Frankenstein would you date?
- Laurie Metcalf talks Misery villain: 'I'm golden to go as violent as I want'
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 5, 'The New Normal'
- Erykah Badu announces release date for new phone-themed mixtape
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year