THE LITE ALBUM Fans of power-pop favorite Jason Falkner (Jellyfish, the Grays) might have missed his latest album. Titled Bedtime With the Beatles: Instrumental Versions of Classic Beatles Songs, the CD—put out by kids’ label Sony Wonder—could easily be mistaken for Muzakish cheese. In fact, Falkner’s name doesn’t appear anywhere on the generic-looking cover or spine (there is, however, a ”Produced Arranged And Performed by…” credit on the back). ”I kind of like that it’s anonymous like that,” says Falkner, who also recently released Necessity: The 4-Track Years, a disc of archival home recordings. ”I didn’t want it to be, ‘Jason Falkner presents…’ I was torn, because in my experience these kinds of records are not something I’d want to listen to. A lot of them are kind of dumbed down. My biggest challenge was to not make it like one of those records.” Sure enough, Bedtime is a cut above other such projects, although it’s still unmistakably easy listening. Says Falkner: ”My objective was to not wake anybody up, which is the opposite of how you normally make a record.”
Posted December 7 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!