THE LITE ALBUM Fans of power-pop favorite Jason Falkner (Jellyfish, the Grays) might have missed his latest album. Titled Bedtime With the Beatles: Instrumental Versions of Classic Beatles Songs, the CD—put out by kids’ label Sony Wonder—could easily be mistaken for Muzakish cheese. In fact, Falkner’s name doesn’t appear anywhere on the generic-looking cover or spine (there is, however, a ”Produced Arranged And Performed by…” credit on the back). ”I kind of like that it’s anonymous like that,” says Falkner, who also recently released Necessity: The 4-Track Years, a disc of archival home recordings. ”I didn’t want it to be, ‘Jason Falkner presents…’ I was torn, because in my experience these kinds of records are not something I’d want to listen to. A lot of them are kind of dumbed down. My biggest challenge was to not make it like one of those records.” Sure enough, Bedtime is a cut above other such projects, although it’s still unmistakably easy listening. Says Falkner: ”My objective was to not wake anybody up, which is the opposite of how you normally make a record.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- George Clooney fights to protect his futuristic house in 'Tomorrowland' trailer
- Hear Lisa Loeb's new song '3,2,1, Let Go' from the movie 'Helicopter Mom'
- Watch LL Cool J really try to play Pictionary with Jimmy Fallon, Rose Byrne and Big Sean
- Stream Blur's album 'The Magic Whip' on iTunes First Play
- Next 'Transformers' expected in 2017
- 'Furious 7's James Wan to produce 'The Entity' remake
- Helen Mirren talks about her love of Vin Diesel on 'Late Night'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!