THE LITE ALBUM Fans of power-pop favorite Jason Falkner (Jellyfish, the Grays) might have missed his latest album. Titled Bedtime With the Beatles: Instrumental Versions of Classic Beatles Songs, the CD—put out by kids’ label Sony Wonder—could easily be mistaken for Muzakish cheese. In fact, Falkner’s name doesn’t appear anywhere on the generic-looking cover or spine (there is, however, a ”Produced Arranged And Performed by…” credit on the back). ”I kind of like that it’s anonymous like that,” says Falkner, who also recently released Necessity: The 4-Track Years, a disc of archival home recordings. ”I didn’t want it to be, ‘Jason Falkner presents…’ I was torn, because in my experience these kinds of records are not something I’d want to listen to. A lot of them are kind of dumbed down. My biggest challenge was to not make it like one of those records.” Sure enough, Bedtime is a cut above other such projects, although it’s still unmistakably easy listening. Says Falkner: ”My objective was to not wake anybody up, which is the opposite of how you normally make a record.”
Posted December 7 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!