Everything Julia Roberts touches turns to gold—even if it’s gold to begin with. After America’s sweetheart discovered the baubles at NYC’s Me & Ro (and wore them in Notting Hill and The Mexican), a slew of celebs followed her lead. Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez, Meg Ryan, Jennifer Aniston, Liv Tyler, Kate Hudson, and Beck have all become fans of the shop founded by Michele Quan and Robin Renzi (www.meandrojewelry.com). ”Our jewelry is very wearable,” says Renzi of her funky-spiritual creations (often inscribed with Chinese and Tibetan proverbs). ”It allows you to have your own style.” Actors on Will & Grace, Ally McBeal, and Friends have also worn the trinkets, which include pieces for charity, like antiviolence Sanskrit pendants and a bracelet benefitting Doctors of the World. ”Robin and Michele love what they do and it shows,” says Roberts. ”All of their pieces are distinctive and beautiful.” Priced from $40 to $25,000, the line is affordable for Oscar winners and their humble admirers.
Posted December 7 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Clarkson performs 'It's Quiet Uptown' on 'TODAY'
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday