To those naysayers who’ve been gleefully proclaiming the death of the reality-TV boom, we say: Oh, okay, you’re probably right, but gosh darn we sure are gonna miss it. After all, think how dreary life would have been without, say, ”Boot Camp”’s Mr. Lemon? In honor of our favorite TV genre since the dramedy, we offer up our 2001 Hall of Fame-Seeker Fame.
MANDY, ”Temptation Island”
* Introduced America to the Island custom of nipple tequila shots
* Set new hypocrisy benchmark by becoming enraged at boyfriend Billy for his innocent striptease act, after her own cheating make-out session
TONI, ”Love Cruise: The Maiden Voyage”
* Bugged-out-eyeball routine set the gold standard for symbolizing ”anger”
* Mastered reality-TV hat trick: Can cry, hug, and wail ”It’s just a game!” simultaneously
* Contains more silicone than all of ”Temptation Island”