An ultrarealistic penis prop can claim much credit for the success of the first ”Scary Movie” – and, saints be praised, in Scary Movie 2, it’s baaaaack. But its talents are wasted in a flaccid, no-groans-barred spoof of ”The Haunting,” itself a snoozer no one saw. The Wayans brothers trowel on the playground scatology, but many of the alleged ”gags” simply aren’t jokes in any traditional sense. (Musical cues help you time your guffaws.) A pity, because the penis really deserved a better flick.
Genre: Comedy, Horror; Starring: Anna Faris, Tori Spelling, Marlon Wayans, Shawn Wayans, David Cross, James DeBello, Chris Elliott, Regina Hall, Natasha Lyonne, Chris Masterson, Andy Richter, Kathleen Robertson, Robert Schimmel, James Woods; Director: Keenen Ivory Wayans; Author: Marlon Wayans, Shawn Wayans; Producer (group): Brillstein-Grey Entertainment, Dimension Films, Gold/Miller Productions, Wayans Bros. Entertainment; Release Date Wide: 07/04/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted December 25 2001 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony