Want to make a fashion statement? Well, first you have to come up with something to say. My Philosophy bracelets—thick rubber bands strung with letters that spell out personalized messages—are fast becoming the thing to wear this season. ”I saw these in Europe six months ago and knew they would explode over here,” says Selwyn Glasser, who distributes the line (available at NYC’s Henri Bendel and Fred Segal Santa Monica). ”It gives people a medium to express themselves through jewelry.” Among those wearing their thoughts on their wrists are Madonna (her bracelet says GLR—as in Guy, Lourdes, Rocco), Halle Berry (LOVE), Oprah Winfrey (an O surrounded by stars), Naomi Campbell (NAOMI), and even the Ozzman (OZZY). Of course, with letters costing from $25 (for sterling silver) to $400 (for white gold with diamonds), you’d better be pretty sure of your philosophy.
Posted January 4 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big