Paramount has no plans to change its print ads for the Colin Hanks comedy Orange County, even though they contain an effusive blurb from one Richard Reid. Fortunately, he isn’t the suspected terrorist (left) who allegedly tried to detonate a shoe bomb on a Dec. 22 American Airlines flight. Instead, he’s a 37-year-old reporter for the Seattle-based NorthWest Cable News. ”It’s a bizarre coincidence,” says the critic (right) of his namesake. ”I was dumbstruck and blown away, no pun intended.” Where’s a fictional critic like David Manning when you need him?
Posted January 18 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for hugging a flag onstage
- Lorraine Toussaint to guest star on 'Black-ish'
- 'Sing' cast poses with animated animal counterparts — exclusive photos
- Jimmy Kimmel combines Trump TV and 'The Walking Dead' in new parody
- Kesha has written 22 new songs
- Will Ferrell's George W. Bush trashes 'disgraced pumpkin' Donald Trump
- Ron Howard responds to Tom Hanks' 'SNL' impersonation
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?