In her nine years on CNBC, anchor and Squawk Box regular Maria Bartiromo has gotten under many investors’ white collars. One unlikely fan of the 34-year-old ”Money Honey”: punk-rocker Joey Ramone, who died of lymphatic cancer last April at 49. His final album, Don’t Worry About Me, due Feb. 19, even includes a track titled ”Maria Bartiromo.” While singing about his portfolio of tech stocks like Yahoo! and Amazon.com, Ramone rhapsodizes: ”I watch you on the TV every single day/Those eyes make everything okay.” A flattered Bartiromo recalls exchanging e-mails with Ramone before his death: ”He was a true gentleman…[and] very intelligent about the market.” Sounds like Ramone should have renamed one of his classics: ”Gimme Gimme Stock Treatment!”
Posted January 25 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3