It’s actually somewhat comforting to realize that even our culture’s most sacrosanct icons, from Ali to Dali, have sold out and sold out spectacularly. After all, everyone needs to be periodically reminded that Woody Allen once plugged Smirnoff vodka, and Hemingway banged out terse paragraphs rhapsodizing Ballantine Ale. But is an impulse-buy postcard collection commemorating these ”classic” star-driven ads just an ironic addition to your kitsch collection, or a devilishly clever way to reel in one last sucker?
Posted February 8 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Michael J. Fox, Lea Thompson on the DeLorean from 'Back to the Future'
- Madonna, Jay Z nab Songwriters Hall of Fame nominations
- Lady Gaga wrote a 'Joanne' track about Trayvon Martin's death
- Michael J. Fox talks about the timeless nature of 'Back to the Future'
- Joss Whedon wants to direct a 'Star Wars' film
- 'Celebs React' series coming from The Fine Bros.
- Preview John Arcudi's new prison murder mystery comic, 'Dead Inside'