Coupled or not, no one escapes the annual marketing coup that is Valentine’s Day. But if you want to get your crush something beyond the standard roses and Russell Stover, the Love Bag is the trinket. The scarlet beanbag coos phrases like ”You’re gorgeous!” and was Kevin Spacey’s gift to his mom. ”Giving and receiving love is what makes the world go round,” declares inventor Simon Pithie ($10 at NYC’s Room Interior Products, 866-ROOM-NYC). If talking knickknacks aren’t your thing, there are chocolate-covered Oreos, available at redenvelope.com ($34 for 24 pieces, 877-733-3683). For old-schoolers, Necco Conversation Hearts have sassy new messages for 2002, including our favorite, ”URA QT” (about 99 cents for eight ounces at retailers nationwide).
Posted February 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories