Michael Douglas is a shrink who must wrest a number from the head of an addled patient (Brittany Murphy) or kidnappers will off his kid. Plausible? Nope, but it is sorta fun to watch Douglas unravel. The thriller’s numerous other threads – a fellow shrink with his own agenda, a lady cop with suspicions, the doc’s broken-legged wife – come up short, keeping the action far from taut in Don’t Say a Word.
(Don't Say a Word: Ava Gerlitz)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Michael Douglas, Brittany Murphy, Jennifer Esposito, Famke Janssen, Oliver Platt; Director: Gary Fleder; Author: Patrick Smith Kelly, Tony Peckham; Producer (group): Kopelson Entertainment, New Regency Pictures; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted February 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Biggest Loser' winner on regaining weight: 'I feel ashamed'
- Beyoncé, Taylor Swift dominated Tumblr in 2016
- 'RHOBH': See how Erika Girardi got that 'Y&R' role
- 'Westworld' finale: Anthony Hopkins on Dr. Ford's fate
- 'Legion': Premiere date, new trailer revealed
- When are the Grammy nominations?
- Bell Biv DeVoe cover New Edition's 'Happy Holidays'
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday