The only people martial-arts stars like to beat up more than bad guys are themselves. Jackie Chan did it (Twin Dragons), Jean-Claude Van Damme did it – twice! – (Double Impact, Replicant), and now Jet Li faces off against Jet Li, with the safety of a gaggle of parallel worlds (a ”multiverse”) at stake. With its computer effects, techno-metal soundtrack, and high-wire fight sequences, The One plays somewhere between a great PS2 game and a really silly feature film. No need to bother with the memory card.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jet Li, Carla Gugino, Delroy Lindo, Jason Statham; Director: James Wong; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Producer (group): Revolution Studios; Release Date Wide: 11/02/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 80; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 8 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories