HBO’s gritty, talent-packed soap (below) gets the short shiv with a website as bland and flavorless as prison cafeteria mush. The Flash-powered ”Virtual Oz” tour of the fictional Oswald State Correctional Facility features the moody visuals and sounds that set the tone for the complex, character-driven drama. And there’s a much-needed list of Oz’s bad-to-the-bone inmates to help viewers keep track. But the otherwise solitary-stale presentation and extras sorely lack the energy that makes creator Tom Fontana’s ballsy jailhouse saga rock.
Posted March 8 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch John Glenn's appearance on 'Frasier'
- WATCH: How 'House of Cards' helped Mahershala Ali with 'Moonlight'
- 'Logan' screens extended preview, early reactions praise gritty tone
- WATCH: Bobby Moynihan, Judah Friedlander, Sasheer Zamata honor trees
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, Rob Lowe, more pay tribute to John Glenn on Twitter
- Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine documentary series is coming to HBO
- Then and now memes capture the trials of 2016
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes