The biggest offender in this repackaging renaissance is George A. Romero’s Night of the Living Dead, now making its eighth – eighth! – appearance on DVD. As a fright film, ”Living Dead” has it all: cannibalism, slow-moving zombies who always seem to be catching up, and women-in-danger tripping and falling for no reason. The crisp, high-contrast print on the Millennium Edition (following both anniversary and special editions) is the real star here, while the coffinful of extras (including photo galleries and cast interviews) is fine if not fascinating.
(Night of the Living Dead: Kobal Collection)
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'