I grew up teasing my hair to Jami Gertz heights and lip-synching to the Bangles’ cover of ”Hazy Shade of Winter.” Still, you should trust me when I say to get this DVD. Are there fancy extras, director’s commentary, deleted scenes, etc.? Well, no. But the neon-ridden, cocaine-addled story of a drug addict (Robert Downey Jr.), a tightwad (Andrew McCarthy), and the recreational-drug-doing model/friend who comes between them (Gertz) sizzles in this DVD’s super-sharp wide-screen image. Watching Downey Jr.’s exhaustive performance in light of his recent, real-life war with drugs offers more enlightenment than a speech by Bret Easton Ellis, author of the book on which the movie is based, ever could.
Less Than ZeroI grew up teasing my hair to Jami Gertz heights and lip-synching to the Bangles' cover of ''Hazy Shade of Winter.'' Still, you should trust me when I...Less Than ZeroHarley PeytonI grew up teasing my hair to Jami Gertz heights and lip-synching to the Bangles' cover of ''Hazy Shade of Winter.'' Still, you should trust me when I...2002-03-15Tony BillJames Spader20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jami Gertz, Andrew McCarthy; Starring: Tony Bill, James Spader; Director: Marek Kanievska; Author: Harley Peyton; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip