A rousing and true story of soldiers bonding in the midst of one of the most savage battles of the Vietnam War. Mel Gibson is tough and true as Lieut. Col. Hal Moore, who loves his family, prays to God, and sticks with his troops; Greg Kinnear, Sam Elliott, and Barry Pepper are among the men in the field. Randall Wallace writes with a weakness for hoary proclamations (”I’m glad I could die for my country”), but he directs with a feel for old-fashioned storytelling.
Genre: War, Drama; Starring: Mel Gibson, Sam Elliott, Greg Kinnear, Chris Klein, Barry Pepper, Keri Russell, Madeleine Stowe; Director: Randall Wallace; Author: Randall Wallace; Release Date Wide: 03/01/2002; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' makes history with all-female creative team
- Paramount sets digital dates for 'Scouts Guide,' 'Paranormal Activity' under flexible release plan
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: J.J. Abrams (sort of) decodes 'Star Wars' cast photo
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' wins NBR award for best film
- See Dave Grohl compete in a drum-off against Animal on 'The Muppets'
- Marching band masterfully covers Adele's 'Hello'
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists