A rousing and true story of soldiers bonding in the midst of one of the most savage battles of the Vietnam War. Mel Gibson is tough and true as Lieut. Col. Hal Moore, who loves his family, prays to God, and sticks with his troops; Greg Kinnear, Sam Elliott, and Barry Pepper are among the men in the field. Randall Wallace writes with a weakness for hoary proclamations (”I’m glad I could die for my country”), but he directs with a feel for old-fashioned storytelling.
Genre: War, Drama; Starring: Mel Gibson, Sam Elliott, Greg Kinnear, Chris Klein, Barry Pepper, Keri Russell, Madeleine Stowe; Director: Randall Wallace; Author: Randall Wallace; Release Date Wide: 03/01/2002; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Univision taps Bill Clinton for Upfront Q&A
- iZombie lives: Renewed for season 2
- Graduate in style with these diploma tunes
- Mariah Carey makes Frito pie in Funny or Die video, and it looks terrible
- The new Hamburglar is hot, and that's kind of a problem
- Sony yanks Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Hozier, more from SoundCloud -- report
- ABC Family casts Katherine McNamara as 'Shadowhunters' lead
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!