A rousing and true story of soldiers bonding in the midst of one of the most savage battles of the Vietnam War. Mel Gibson is tough and true as Lieut. Col. Hal Moore, who loves his family, prays to God, and sticks with his troops; Greg Kinnear, Sam Elliott, and Barry Pepper are among the men in the field. Randall Wallace writes with a weakness for hoary proclamations (”I’m glad I could die for my country”), but he directs with a feel for old-fashioned storytelling.
Genre: War, Drama; Starring: Mel Gibson, Sam Elliott, Greg Kinnear, Chris Klein, Barry Pepper, Keri Russell, Madeleine Stowe; Director: Randall Wallace; Author: Randall Wallace; Release Date Wide: 03/01/2002; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst on possibility of a final two
- The Property Bros. try to make Broadway dreams come true in spoof
- Young Broadway fan honors Tony nominees with adorable Lego recreations
- Justin Timberlake is dropping 'Can't Stop the Feeling' on Friday
- 'Survivor: Kaôh Rōng': The majority alliance begins to crumble
- Channing Tatum announces 'Magic Mike Live' show in Las Vegas
- Ava DuVernay departs as director of 'Intelligent Life'