REEL DEALS Another day, another sci-fi/fantasy franchise for Arnold Schwarzenegger to revive for Warner Bros. Shortly after his announcement that he was starring in a remake of ”Westworld” and doing a third ”” movie, Variety reports that his long-in-development version of ”I Am Legend” is finally going ahead. (It’s an adaptation of the Richard Matheson novel that Charlton Heston filmed 30 years ago as ”The Omega Man.”) Schwarzenegger removed the final sticking point by withdrawing as star and just serving as producer. He’s too busy to star anyway, since he has the about-to-shoot ”” on his plate, to be followed by ”Westworld” and ”Conan.” He’s hoping to hire Will Smith to star and Michael Bay (”Pearl Harbor”) to direct.
(Arnold Schwarzenegger: Doug Peters/Retna)
Posted March 20 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big