Goodbye, green tea. Hello, bamboo. Along with being a panda’sfavorite food, bamboo is one of spring’s surprising fashionstatements. Gucci has created a bamboo clutch for the season, aswell as a sandal with bamboo stiletto, and Shiseido incorporatesthe plant into ”Zen” body treatments. Even TV’s Survivor:Marquesas is in on the trend: A recent episode had the castawaysbuilding rafts out of bamboo poles as part of a rewardchallenge. ”There’s an urge to return to nature for ourmedicines, foods, and beauty remedies,” says Alina Roytberg,cofounder of Fresh cosmetics, which features chopped bamboo inits rice skin bar, face wash, and honey face scrub. ”Bamboo wasalways considered an antiseptic and skin, hair, and nailstrengthener, so it’s here to stay.” Hopefully, no pandas willgo hungry.
Posted March 22 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday