There must now be an entire generation who have never experienced George A. Romero’s ”Living Dead” films. Resident Evil is a blatant recycling of those queasy pulp classics. It starts out looking like a timely exercise in biohazard panic, as a group of commandos penetrates a vast, underground corporate research facility known as the Hive. But the movie quickly degenerates into a monster combat thriller as impersonal in its relentlessness as the videogame series that inspired it. Featuring the girl-with-guns team of Milla Jovovich (not bad) and Michelle Rodriguez (all one-note pout).
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Eric Mabius, James Purefoy; Director: Paul Anderson (Director); Author: Paul Anderson (Director); Release Date Wide: 03/15/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted March 22 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big